- Some Plates Posted: 2017-12-05
A few odds and ends
(Free shipping only while so indicated, get em while they're hot, and within the continental US
- Doesn't Quite Fit Posted: 2017-11-20
These don't fit in the USPS "Fits-it-ships" box, so I don't have a great way to offer free shipping, so I'll just add the shipper's charge to my prices.
- FREE SHIPPING (Continental US) Posted: 2017-11-16
Things that fit in a USPS flat-rate box.
(While Supplies Last! Ha! Love writing that!
- 2017 JRPlantery! Posted: 2017-11-15
Greenery in JRPottery!
- Winter 2014 Posted: 2014-12-15
- December 2014 Posted: 2014-12-09
- Autumn 2014 Posted: 2014-10-26
Lots of new pots!
- November 2012 Posted: 2012-11-05
- March 2012 Posted: 2012-03-06
- Autumn 2011, Under $100 Posted: 2011-11-18
- Autumn 2011, $100+ Posted: 2011-11-18
- Fireguy Posted: 2011-04-03
- Sea Fan Posted: 2010-12-01
My Dad made the base and mounted it. Cool, huh!
- Sake' Bottles and Cups-- Tokkuri/Ochoko sets Posted: 2010-11-27
- Mugs Posted: 2010-11-11
Here are the nicest mugs I have in stock as of Nov. 11 2010
- Autumn 2010 Posted: 2010-10-01
A peek inside the JRPottery warehouse
- Slab Vase Posted: 2010-08-03
Here's a vase with very traditional Bizen fire effects. No applied glaze on this one, that's all wood ash that accreted during the fire, then we cooked it until it was runny as honey!
- Tarball Posted: 2010-07-10
New Member of My Little Family
- mikazuki Posted: 2009-10-20
- Autumn 2009 Fruits of Labor Posted: 2009-10-06
- Betelgeuse Posted: 2008-12-24
This is my homage to Betelgeuse, one of the nearest "Red Giant" stars to our planet. It's a bit more than 400 light-years away. It is the bright red "shoulder" in the constellation Orion.
Red Giants are stars that have burned most of their nuclear fuel, turning it to helium. The helium shrouds the dying star in its middle; it is held near equilibrium by the opposing gravitational attraction and the outward force exerted by the nuclear reaction of the dying star...until the star runs low on fuel. Then gravity takes over, and as the helium becomes more dense, gravity's influence becomes exponentially stronger. Very quickly, the helium becomes unstable, and a Supernova occurs.
- Autumn 2008 Fruits of Labor Part 2 Posted: 2008-10-22
I will be adding to this gallery over the next few weeks.
- Autumn 2008 Fruits of Labor Posted: 2008-10-17
- Autumn 2008 Fire Posted: 2008-09-21
- The Pug Mill Posted: 2008-09-01
- Ponytail Palms Posted: 2008-08-17
I made these planters years ago, they ended up at my parents' house. Dad has a very green thumb, so he planted ponytail palms in them several years ago. Honestly I had forgotten the planters still belong to me, I had just gotten used to seeing them as you see them in this gallery. Dad reminded me the planters are mine, and he kindly offered to let me sell them with the beautiful ponytail palms.
According to houseplants-care.blogspot.com,
"The Ponytail palm should be watered thoroughly once every 7 - 14 days. The Ponytail palm is native to desert areas therefore, it has a root system similar to cactus in that the roots go deep in order to store water for long dry spells. Be sure to let the soil become dry to touch 1" to 1-1/2" deep before watering again. If you notice the lower foliage is starting to turn a yellow or brown color you may be under watering the plant. The Ponytail palm requires bright light so be sure to place it near a window where full sun is received.
Bugs and mites usually are not a problem with the palm, however if they do appear, simply spray the houseplant down with a soapy water mix twice a day until they are gone."
$800 each, all 6 for $4500 plus shipping and insurance.
- Summer 2008 Posted: 2008-07-06
- More from Spring 2008 Posted: 2008-05-08
- Lamp Urn Posted: 2008-05-07
Diameter 2 Feet.
- Spring 2008 Guinomi Posted: 2008-05-03
Prices plus shipping. $10 each, $8 each for orders of 10 or more. Get 'em while they're hot!
I'll do my best to keep availability current, forgive me if some things sell before I update the website! Sold cups will be numbered in the caption.
- Spring 2008 Fruits of Labor Posted: 2008-04-11
Prices do not include shipping and insurance.
- Spring 2008 Fire Posted: 2008-03-30
- Spring 2008 Loading Posted: 2008-03-24
- December 2007 Yunomi and Other cups Posted: 2007-12-10
I went rummaging and found a few goodies!!
- Old and New Guinomi Sake' Cups Posted: 2007-11-19
- Fence Swift Posted: 2007-10-05
I'm an incurable herpetophile, Fence Swifts are among my favorite reptiles. This is one of the smallest I've ever seen.
I don't have half enough time to make such complicated sculptures for this next fire, but lizards are definitely on the short-list of sculpture subjects next Spring!
- Lionfish Posted: 2007-09-03
- August 2007 Goodies Posted: 2007-08-15
Prices Plus Shipping and Insurance
- July 2007, More Goodies Posted: 2007-07-24
Prices do not include shipping and insurance, as quoted by your preferred carrier.
- July 2007 Goodies Posted: 2007-07-12
- Summer 2007, Fruits of Labor Posted: 2007-07-03
I'll post more pictures as I open the kiln door more.
- June 2007 Fire Posted: 2007-06-27
- June '07 Loading Posted: 2007-06-04
Thanks to Tricia, Jim, JD, and Ginny!!
- The Edifice and the Woodpile Posted: 2007-05-22
Behind the Scenes at JRPottery
- June '07 Urns Posted: 2007-05-18
I got a last-minute order to make a big urn, I made two!
- A Few Plates Posted: 2006-12-14
Discount Prices on Plates too!!
- JRPottery.com Sale, Gallery 2 Posted: 2006-11-29
More Variety, Amazingly Low Prices!!
- JRPottery.com Sale! Posted: 2006-11-28
Lowest Prices, Best Quality! Gifts made by hand with loving care are sure to please your loved ones, and now is the best time to buy them! This sale will end December 20.
(Shipping cost is not included in these incredibly low prices).
- Autumn '06 Fire Posted: 2006-11-01
- New Chimney Posted: 2006-10-15
Humor in Pragmatic Simplicity!
- Autumn '06 Loading Posted: 2006-09-30
I'll take some days loading, and post pictures along the way.
- Greenware Posted: 2006-08-23
A BIG Urn, and some other things
- Celestial Objects Posted: 2006-06-24
- Independence Posted: 2006-06-17
A Salute to American Independence
- More Luminescent Urns Posted: 2006-05-20
Firing May 20-21
- Marbled Plates Posted: 2006-05-04
I have about 8 of these 11"dinner plates left, plus about 10 5"side plates.
- Luminescent Urn Posted: 2006-04-16
- April '06 Posted: 2006-04-08
- Urns With "Issues" Posted: 2006-03-23
- March '06 Posted: 2006-03-21
More Fishy Doin's
- March 8 2006 Posted: 2006-03-08
- February 2006 Posted: 2006-02-05
- Yunomi Close-ups January 2006 Posted: 2006-01-19
In Stock, Jan. 19 2006
- October Inventory 3 Posted: 2005-10-14
- October Inventory 4 Posted: 2005-10-14
- October 13 Pitchers Posted: 2005-10-13
$85 each, except for Pitcher 6, $60, which has a couple of cracks (repaired).
- October Inventory 2 Posted: 2005-10-12
- October Inventory 1 Posted: 2005-10-09
Here are some of the prettiest things I have in stock right now.
- October 2, 2005 Posted: 2005-10-02
Some Fish, some Corals, and Other Things
- September Fishes Posted: 2005-09-02
Fishes from my little round kiln!
- August 18 2005 Fishes Posted: 2005-08-18
Thses are all made of marbled clay, it should be more visible when they're cooked!
- August 11-12 2005 Posted: 2005-08-11
- July 26, 2005: Fishy Fire Posted: 2005-07-27
Fishes and other things
- Fishy Fire Posted: 2005-07-25
Some Fishes, a Sea Fan, and 2 Jupiter Urns
- July 2, 2005 Posted: 2005-07-03
A Pretty Good Fire
- May 14, 2005 Posted: 2005-05-14
My Display, Spongiform
- May 4, 2005 Posted: 2005-05-04
A Moray Eel
- Plates Posted: 2005-04-23
Rhombus Plates, Plain-Vanilla Plates, One Inverted Medium Platter
- April 18, 2005: Tennessee Flowers Posted: 2005-04-19
Here are a few of the flowers blooming now in Tennessee.
- April 15, 2005 Posted: 2005-04-16
Here are some photos of the water-test. That many pots fit into little Danielle the Super Kiln!
- Mid-April Fire Posted: 2005-04-15
Just a couple of shots, I'll post more pictures as they pass the water test
- April 12, 2005 Posted: 2005-04-13
Loading Danielle the Super Kiln
- April 1, 2005 Posted: 2005-04-02
- March 6, 2005 Posted: 2005-03-07
- March 5, 2005 Posted: 2005-03-06
2 marbled "Jupiter Urns", 8 funerary urns, re-fired pitchers, odds and ends
- February 25, 2005 Posted: 2005-02-26
2 views of my Jupiter Urn.
Thr contrast will be about the same as other marbled pieces I've made recently.
- February 16, 2005 Posted: 2005-02-16
My Latest Fire!
- February 14, 2005 Posted: 2005-02-15
- February 12, 2005 Posted: 2005-02-12
Here are some funerary urns waiting to be trimmed, some "Tsurukubi" Crane's Neck Vases I finished a couple of days ago, and a trimming tool. I enslaved a credit card, Dave Ramsey would love it!!
- Tom & Sonja's Collection Posted: 2004-12-28
Some of these are from my apprenticeship, some are more recent.
- My Parents' House Posted: 2004-12-26
- Dec. 17, 2004 Posted: 2004-12-18
Some plates, and a view of my studio from my loft.
- Dec. 11 2004 Posted: 2004-12-12
Cross your fingers, I still have to cook these!
- Johnny's Backyard Posted: 2004-12-09
Pottery with a Past!
- Dec. 7 2004 Posted: 2004-12-08
- Turbo-Bitty Posted: 2004-12-01
A friend gave me 2 old electric kilns, I converted them into one LP gas fueled "Little Bitty" kiln, which I later enhanced with a segment of stovepipe, hence the name.
- things Posted: 2004-12-01
Things I've made
- Danielle the Super Kiln Posted: 2004-11-29
Here's Danielle, the Kiln of Steel. There are 2 fire/salt ports (far right, near left) and 2 chimney ports (near right, far left). I use only 6 posts to support three 14"x28" shelves, set diagonally. This kiln is designed to make it easy to get earth, air, fire, water, time, and potter all together in the proper order.
- September 04 Firing Posted: 2004-10-27
Here is some nice pottery from my September 2004 firing
- June 2003 Firing Posted: 2003-06-29
Here are some photos from my June 2003 kiln firing
- Photos from a wood kiln firing Posted: 2002-06-23
These are some photos from a wood-kiln firing
- Photos of pottery from before October 2001 Posted: 2001-10-29
Photos of some of my older pottery
- October 2001 Firing Posted: 2001-10-25
Pottery from my October 2001 kiln firing
- Anagama kiln construction Posted: 2001-09-29
These are photos from the construction of Gypsy Queen, my anagama kiln